Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Our September Getaway… Pure Magic!


I am still smiling after a perfect four days with the Amazing Women of September!  Hailing from as far as California and Florida, these ladies brought fun and boldness and laughter and a generosity of spirit that we could only hope for when we created Idyllworks.

We spent our days with the luminous and inspiring Gail Crosman Moore who taught us to be brave, dive in and above all…respect the fleece!  The felted forms that we created and then embellished through needle felting, beads, sequins and painted metals were each unique and beautiful and like nothing we had made before.  She led us and yet somehow, at the same time, she set us free. She is a master teacher, a gifted artist, and an extraordinary woman.




Blessed with glorious weather, we were able to enjoy a sunrise yoga class, walks on the beach, a trip into town, and time to relax on the porch with our books and needlework. In the evenings we shared pictures and stories over scrumptious cuisine and formed friendships that will last long after the last car pulled away from the inn on Sunday.

“I loved the quality of the workshop and I loved Gail our artist. I loved the inn, the beautiful location and most of all the women – I gained new friends and wonderful experiences. We are all so different yet so much alike…”  Roberta from CA

“I would not change a thing about my Idyllworks getaway.  There was a great balance between class and free time and the instructor and hosts were fabulous. It was a wonderful way to take a break from the every day stresses. I feel that I came away with personal insights and a renewed appreciation for the amazing things in my life…”  Kathy from CT



So now we turn our hearts and minds towards May, but we will never forget the magic that our guests – now our dear friends – brought to us in September.

xo,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment